Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: SIN CITY DVD will rock!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member *PORTHOS*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    4,658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Robert, can you talk about what will be on the DVD?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Rodriguez: We shot the full stories of the books, and I knew we could truncate it down, knowing that we weren't going to lose any scenes; eventually they would all be available for people to see. So the DVD will come out with the theatrical cut, and then there'll be a separate disc that's got the individual episodes separated with their own title card, and you can just watch The Big Fat Kill from beginning to end, the full cut. That's a single story. Then switch over and watch The Yellow Bastard and that's forty five minutes. It'll have all the material back in. So it'll be like the experience of picking up the book, where you pick up one story and you read it from beginning to end. And it'll have all the material in it. You can have, you know, shuffle your own version of the movie and just watch them all separately.

    It's not going to feel like, when you watch the separate disc with these materials back in, like, ?Oh, I can see why that was cut.? It's a really terrific themed action scene. A lot of the stuff that people will find?I think it's going to be somewhat revolutionary to see those kind of scenes that were cut out, be put back in another format because they seem perfectly fine and they work, they just needed to be taken out for the long haul of the feature. I think it really gives another life and another experience, more akin to reading the books by doing that. That's what makes it easy for us to say, ?Let's just shoot everything with a variety of effects, and then if we edit stuff out, we're not really cutting it out and people are never going to see it, they'll be able to see it in a purer form, in a different format.?

    And then I'm gonna add on another?it'll be a twenty minute film school, probably for this one, cause there's so many things that - and I want another ten minute cooking school to be ?Sin City Breakfast Tacos,? which I'll make a home-made flour tortilla, and it's the best meal you can probably ever learn, so yeah.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    After reading that I could nearly ejaculate right now.

    OK. Not to that extent, but it's really cool. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Hoping to see Sin City tomorrow night. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *PORTHOS*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    4,658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going to see the first showing tomorow at noon (I have the day off)

    In fact from now on I have every friday off so I hope of seeing man first showing of upcoming movies

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Street Worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2004
    Posts
    7,350
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any word on if he's still making Madman next?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I haven't even seen the movie and I already can't wait for the dvd... This is so not right... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Spore's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Don't go see the movie and you'll save enough money to buy the DVD.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AngelsDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    1,763
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was never really into Sin City.. I'll probably just wait till the DVD for that one..

    The next movie I plan on seeing in the Theatre, I hate to say, and it being the first showing (and hopefully the digital version) will be Episode III

    What can I say, I'm a complete Star Wars nut.. I like all of the Star ars movies.. (Yeah I know, some people don't like the prequels, but I treat them how they should be.. A seperate movie, with a seperate story that involves a bigger story, and Science Fictional fantasy.. So what if they don't follow what's been made and written over the years.. Not everything was made or written by George Lucas.. And it is, in fact, still his baby)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DemonsAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    6,043
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my b'f wants to see it..... but we aren't taking off work for it... that's only for star wars [img]wink.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Though, I would like to know if the DVD set will include a colour version of the feature?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Dajistano's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    7,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Mortitia:
    my b'f wants to see it..... but we aren't taking off work for it... that's only for star wars [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What if your boss is a big Sin City fan and he fires you for not taking off to see it?

    Or even worse, he hates Star Wars? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •